Tuesday, January 2, 2018

A promise (I hope) for the new year

Ahhh... a new year is upon us. One brimming with possibilities.

This one, at least for us in Pittsburgh, is starting off to be a cold one. Even my kitty, Vincent Van Gogh, is bundling up to stay warm.



2017 was a year of major changes for me, although my family came through it intact. No deaths. No births. No one added and, thank God, no one subtracted.

Unlike the previous year when we experienced 20 deaths (family and friends), this year the changes were good ones. Yes, my husband did suffer a major heart attack in October and I almost lost him, but the fantastic part is I didn't!! 

My changes were work-related. I just completed 13 months at my new job -- a job that takes me out of the comfort zone of my own home and into an office setting. I haven't worked full-time outside of my home since 1982. This was a huge change for me. And it came with a cost. As manager of Dignity Home Care Professionals in Pittsburgh, I no longer have the time to devote to the blog as I once had. I'm still operating my other business, Speechless, which specializes in writing, editing, and voice-over work, and while I'm not actively pursuing new clients, the old ones still keep me busy from time-to-time. 

I felt I needed to apologize to you, the faithful members of the Green Grandma community, who continue to drop by occasionally, perhaps in hopes of something new, only to find out I haven't posted in weeks. I am truly sorry. I even ended up dropping my monthly installments of Vinegar Fridays

The crux of the problem is that I don't like posting content that isn't well-researched and is useful to you, my readers. And I simply haven't had time to present you with that kind of content.

That said, I will add that I am not shutting down the blog. I will try to post something weekly throughout the new year. And, of course, I love featuring guest bloggers. So... if you have something you would like to share with the GG community, let me know. You can reach me at greengrandma@comcast.net. I look forward to hearing your ideas. Perhaps you have an Instant Pot recipe to share. Or an environmental cause to support. Or a car seat safety tip you've not seen elsewhere. Whatever it is, pitch the idea to me and we'll see what we can do. 

So keep coming back in search of some useful tidbits that help you navigate this thing called life. I strive to spread kindness while encouraging you to live greener and healthier lives. 

Thanks for sticking with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog